How do I change my address?

Address changes must be made through myZou. After logging into myZou, click on the Personal Information tile, then click on Addresses on the left side of the screen. To add a new address, click on the “Add a new address button”. To update an address, click on the pencil icon to the right of the address requiring changes.

Can I make payments on my account instead of paying it in full?

Yes, but remember that a one percent finance charge is assessed on the unpaid billed balance each month until the balance is paid in full. The balance must be paid in full by the last payment due date of each semester.

When are bills normally generated?

The bills are generated on or around the 15th of each month.

When are bills due?

The bills are due on the 10th of the month unless the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday. If it falls on a weekend, it will be due the following Monday and if it falls on a holiday it will be due the next business day.

Is there any penalty for not paying my bill on time?

Your student account will be subject to a $10 late payment fee if we do not receive the required minimum payment by the due date on your statement. There will be a one percent monthly finance charge on the unpaid billed balance until the balance is paid in full. Past due amounts owed to the University must be satisfied by payment in full. If you fail to pay, you may be subject to sanctions including the inability to add classes, and denial of access to the Student Recreation Center. Failure to pay may also result in denial of class registration access.  Transcripts or diplomas may also be withheld. Payment must be made on time or your classes may be subject to cancellation.

Do you accept online payments?

Yes. You may pay online via your checking or savings account through myZou. Payments may also be made on the student account with MasterCard, American Express, VISA, and Discover.  Please note there is a 2.85% service fee applies to credit/debit card payments.

What is the “Tuition” charge on my bill?

This is the cost of your classes. This amount will change each academic year according to the number of credit hours you take each semester and the cost per credit hour.

Can I make payments on my bookstore charges?

Bookstore charges are part of the student billing system and minimum payments may be offered as an option on the bill. Minimum payments will result in an additional one percent monthly finance charge on the unpaid billed balance.

How do I get a refund on my books if I drop a class or totally withdraw from the University?

Take your books and your add/drop or withdrawal slip immediately to the reception desk located on the main level of the Bookstore in the Student Center, corner of Hitt Street and Rollins Rd. Credit will be given in the same manner as the books were purchased.

Where can I get an estimate on what my books might cost?

Contact the Bookstore at (573)882-4254.

Can I get a refund on my books after using them for the semester?

Refunds on textbooks are left to the discretion of the Bookstore.

Where can a student write a check for cash on campus?

US Bank is located within the MU Student Center and will only cash checks issued from a bank located within the United States of America.

Is there a penalty for checks that do not clear my bank?

Yes, at the present time the University of Missouri charges a returned check fee of $20.00 for each check returned by your bank.

What is the University’s returned check policy?
  • One check: after it is paid in full, the student’s check writing privileges are returned.
  • Two checks: after they are paid in full, the student will not be able to write checks until the next semester they are enrolled.
  • Three checks: check writing privileges are permanently revoked. All future payments will have to be made by cashier’s check, money order, or approved credit card.
Who do I contact to pay for a returned check and returned check charge?

Contact the Cashiers Office at:   University of Missouri-Columbia, 325 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211 or call (573)882-3097.

Who do I contact to register for the first time?

All inquiries should be directed to the Admissions Office at (573)882-7786.

Who do I contact if I wish to transfer from my present school to the University of Missouri?

All inquiries should be directed to the Admissions Office at (573)882-7786.

Do some schools require a minimum number of hours in order to be accepted in their school?

Yes, you will have to contact your individual school or college.

Are there any special fees assessed other than the Tuition, Non-Resident Tuition, Information Technology, Student Activity, Recreation Facility, and Prepaid Health fees?

Certain courses do have additional course fees assessed. Please visit our Tuition & Fees page to see the various costs.

Is there a charge for withdrawing from the University?

If you withdraw after classes start, you will receive a percentage-based refund based on the date you withdraw. The further into the semester the less you will receive as a refund on your bill. Please see our Current Fee Reassessment Schedule page for the percentage refund.

Am I required to have all financial holds cleared before I become enrolled for the next semester?

Yes, any loan or past due holds must be cleared before you can become enrolled in a new semester.

Specific questions concerning Continuous Enrollment registration and classes should be directed to the Graduate School.

What fees are applicable to a continuous enrollment student?

Any continuously enrolled student taking classes on campus is required to pay the Graduate Level Tuition, Information Technology Fee, Student Activity Fee and any course fees. Continuously enrolled students who are taking classes off campus are not required to pay the Student Activity Fee.

Where do I go to get an ID card?

You will need to go to The Mizzou Store in the MU Student Center.  Make sure to take a valid photo ID.  For more information on ID Cards please visit the ID Card website.

If I lose my ID is there a charge for a new one?

Yes, there is a $15 charge each time you need a new one.

Who is eligible to be enrolled in the student health insurance plan?

Currently enrolled students, their spouse, and/or children.

Who can tell me what the student insurance policy will cover?

Please visit Anthem’s website.

When do I have to decide on whether or not I want the insurance?

Please see our Resources page, click on “Anthem Student Health Insurance” and click the link in either “Domestic” or “International” for deadline dates.

For specific questions about your parking ticket, please contact Parking and Transportation by phone (573-882-4568) or by email at muparking@missouri.edu. You can also go to their office located at the address below.

121 General Services Building

900 E. Stadium Blvd.

Columbia, MO 65211

This parking charge has a transaction date and I was not in school then.

The date shown on your monthly billing statement is the date the charge was entered onto your student account; not necessarily the date you were given the ticket. You may however, see the date the ticket was given in the reference column on the billing statement.

If I received a parking ticket yesterday, where do I pay it?

Parking and Transportation

121 General Services Building

900 E. Stadium Blvd.

Columbia, MO 65211

I have already paid for a parking ticket, why am I being billed for it again?

If you feel you are being billed for the same parking ticket, you need to contact Parking and Transportation at (573)882-4568.

When are Residential Life payments due?

Housing and dining plan charges are billed on a semester basis, with a $325 advance payment required upon return of your contract.  The full semester balance is due as stipulated on the same University bill as your tuition.  Any balance of charges not paid by the deadline indicated on the billing statement will be assessed a one percent monthly finance charge.

How many payments do I have to pay for my housing and dining plan?

Your Residential Life charges for the semester are calculated with tuition and other fees and appear on the same bill as your tuition.

What is the room damage charge for?

All questions on room damage should be directed to Facilities Operations, University of Missouri-Columbia, 8 Defoe Hall, Columbia, MO 65211 or phone (573)882-7211.

Can I use my financial aid to pay my residence hall charges?

Yes, residence hall charges that are charged to your student account can be paid by the available financial aid.

Please visit National Student Clearinghouse to request your transcript. For any additional questions concerning transcripts, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 573-882-7881.