The Office of Cashiers, a unit within the Division of Finance, is responsible for managing student finances and consists of five main areas: student account billing and collection, cashiering services, refund processing, sponsor billing, and institutional student loans. The Division of Finance has overall responsibility for creating a financial environment on campus that meets fiduciary responsibilities, demonstrates stewardship and meets all of our regulatory requirements.
Our Team is committed to excellence in providing financial services to students and the Mizzou community. We have made it our goal to provide these services in the most efficient, friendly, effective, and customer-oriented fashion possible. We look forward to working with you and answering any questions you may have.
Starting Spring 2020, refund checks will no longer be printed on a nightly basis during peak times of year (ie: 10 days prior to the semester beginning through the first two weeks of classes). Refund checks will continue to be printed on Tuesday nights and will be mailed out the following day. If you would like to receive your refund the fastest way possible, we encourage you to sign up for direct deposit using the instructions listed on our Refunds page.
Below is the following email sent to students and authorized users on June 13th, 2019:
MU (along with the other University of Missouri System institutions) have implemented new software powering student billing. You should see a new look and feel, as well as an improved user experience.Before the Fall semester begins, you will need to add your direct deposit information as well as any other authorized users you want to access your billing info within the new system.
To Enroll in Direct Deposit within TouchNet:
- To sign up for direct deposit, go to the Student Center in myZou self-service pages, scroll down to the Finance section, and click on the Log into TouchNet link. From here you will be taken to another page, where you will need to enter your Pawprint and Password again.
- Once inside the TouchNet portal, click on “Refunds” in the top menu bar and then “Set up Account”. Enter your banking information and click “Continue”. Click on “I agree” and then “Continue” again. You will now see the account listed as “eRefunds” within the “Refunds” section within the menu bar.
- Once you have direct deposit set up, you will receive an email when your refund has been processed.
- It then takes approximately three days to transfer the funds to your bank.
- Parents will be able to enter direct deposit information for Parent Plus refunds by following the steps listed above starting after you are in TouchNet. The parent will also need to elect to have the refund of excess plus funds going back to them on the plus loan application.
To Add an Authorized User in TouchNet:
The student must initiate adding an authorized user before the authorized user will receive any billing and/or payment notifications.
- Student will Log into myZou, click on Student Center, scroll down to the Finance section and click on the “Log into TouchNet” link.
- Student will enter their username and password again
- Once inside the TouchNet portal student will click on “Authorized Users”
- Click on “Add Authorized User”
- Add the email address of the authorized user and mark what access the authorized user should be granted.
- The Authorized User will then receive an email to complete the setup process.