Changes Effective Fall 2020
- Customer Service Hours (starting August 3rd) – 9am – 4pm, Monday through Friday
- Refunds will only be processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with printed checks mailed out on Wednesdays. Information on how to sign up for direct deposit may be found here.
- Students can schedule online appointments through MU Connect. Parents/Authorized Users can schedule appointments by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Office of Cashiers will be going cashless! As with many other businesses, we will no longer accept cash for payments on the student account. All personal payments will need to be made online using the TouchNet Payment System. More information regarding how to pay online can be found here.
- Mailed payments will be processed twice a week. All payments that cannot be made online (ie: 529 plans) should be mailed to:
Office of Cashiers
325 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
**Please make sure to include the students ID # on the check.
***Due to the recent COVID-19 situation, the Cashiers Office is currently working remotely. Please be patient when calling as you may experience longer than normal wait times. Please send your questions to our main office email, email@example.com, and one of our staff will respond to your email. Thank you and we appreciate your understanding during this unique time.***.
The Office of Cashiers, a unit within the Division of Finance, is responsible for managing student finances and consists of five main areas: student account billing and collection, cashiering services, refund processing, sponsor billing, and institutional student loans. The Division of Finance has overall responsibility for creating a financial environment on campus that meets fiduciary responsibilities, demonstrates stewardship and meets all of our regulatory requirements.
Our Team is committed to excellence in providing financial services to students and the Mizzou community. We have made it our goal to provide these services in the most efficient, friendly, effective, and customer-oriented fashion possible. We look forward to working with you and answering any questions you may have.
Starting Spring 2020, refund checks will no longer be printed on a nightly basis during peak times of year (ie: 10 days prior to the semester beginning through the first two weeks of classes). Refund checks will continue to be printed on Tuesday nights and will be mailed out the following day. If you would like to receive your refund the fastest way possible, we encourage you to sign up for direct deposit using the instructions listed on our Refunds page.